Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Women In Suits: Is it Empowering? Is it Sexy? Is it Silly?

Annie Hall Taught Us How To Wear This Look Casually




Celine Dion Taught Us How NOT To Wear This Look Period


Leighton Meester Made Hers A Power Suit With Heels


And Angelina Jolie Makes Her Suit Sexy (Doesn't she do that with all of her wardrobe?)


So it's pretty clear that Hollywood is comfortable with the look, but can the everyday woman pull this look off without spectators gawking?  


Is a woman in a suit beautiful?  Can we do it?


I'm a huge a fan of Leighton Meester's suit.  Its strong and sexy, a powerful blend for a woman to have.  I would feel beautiful in that type of suit.  However, I generally feel restricted and uncomfortable in women's business suits because I don't feel I accomplish beauty ideals for either gender.




The jacket flattens my chest, and doesn't define my waistline, so I don't get to showcase my curves.   Yet, the skirt makes it clear that I'm not one of the guys.  When it comes to business wardrobe, what makes me feel like a woman actually makes me feel strong....

How do you ladies out there feel in your suits?









1 comment:

  1. This method is usually successfully definitely best option. Every single one connected with incredibly tiny features usually are supposed by using quite a few historical past ability. I might suggest the software program tremendously. synthetic wigs

    ReplyDelete