Saturday, January 22, 2011

Venus Started Creeping In....AGH!


This is my 4th grade 1st day of school photo.  I wanted to look tough, but I also kind of, sort of, wanted to look cute (darn!).  I couldn't let the sneakers and baggy shorts go, and I couldn't accomplish the chest, but I COULD swing my hips a little.  And I was really excited about my hair, which my mom crimped for my special day. 


I also noticed my guy friends looking at me differently when I arrived at school.  The typical walk from the school bus to the classroom door felt like a runway.  I didn't know if I liked it.  I mean I liked the attention, but I didn't want to lose my friends.  


But that's the fine line between beauty and desire Eco says in History of Beauty .  Beauty is when you can look at a beautiful tree, and can walk away.  But if you want to take an apple, that's desire.  I didn't want to be taken away, but I liked being admired.


Question: Can't a girl get both?


Answer: No, not unless he has a girlfriend.  Wait, I retract, no.



No comments:

Post a Comment